Sunday, October 31, 2021

Countdown to Halloween 2021 Day 31: The Walking Dead Playing Cards Walkers Edition

I had a dentist appointment earlier this month and that meant taking a road trip out of town. I went to Ollie's for the first time since one recently opened near my dentist. I picked up a deck of The Walking Dead Playing Cards Walkers Edition so called because they have half of Merle Dixon's zombified face plus other Walkers. This is actually half of a playing card set that originally came in a collectible tin. The other playing card deck is the Survivors Edition and features half of Daryl Dixon's face. Ollie's only had the Walkers Edition deck, which I picked up for ninety-nine cents because the back of the tuck box had a slight tear at the top. These are pretty cool cards to play Go Fish with during the Halloween season or to play with during the commercials when The Walking Dead is showing on AMC. I'm only showing the Diamond cards because the other suits has the same faces on them.





This is the final post for the thirteenth annual Halloween event here at Moongem Comics (yes, I started with a Halloween Countdown event in 2008) and I hope you all enjoyed it. I almost didn't do it this year and I almost didn't finish it (I'm not sure about next year yet). I was supposed to get a crown at the dentist this month but he wouldn't do it because he found out that the tooth had a dead nerve that was infected. I couldn't find another dentist to do a root canal that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg. I ended up having the tooth pulled on October 22 so that is my horror story for this Halloween.

No comments: