Friday, April 10, 2015

Another PCH Comic Book Grab Bag

I ordered another PCH Comic Book Grab Bag a few months ago and actually received it on Tuesday, April 7. This makes the third one with the first two being at PCH Comic Collection and PCH Super Hero Comic Books Plus Graphic Novel. I can't believe that it has been almost a year since the last one.

Once again there is no comics from Marvel. There are three comics from Boom! Studios, a graphic novel from DC Comics and Image, and another graphic novel from IDW Publishing. Yes, you read that right for this grab bag has three regular comics and two graphic novels.

First up is Higher Earth #3 (July 2012) from Boom! Studios. I have yet to read it but has dinosaurs so it might be an interesting science fiction comic.
Front cover of Higher Earth #3 from Boom
Back cover of Higher Earth #3 from Boom
Next up is Planet of the Apes Special #1 (February 2013) also from Boom! Studios. I have yet to read this either but I can't wait to do so.
Front cover of Planet of the Apes Special #1 from Boom
Back cover of Planet of the Apes Special #1 from Boom
I have always wanted to read the Steed and Mrs Peel series from Boom! Studios and now I get my chance to start with #0 (August 2012). I got Cover A and I have read the first few pages while I was scanning the rest of the comics in. It's set in 2000 and old agents are showing up dead.
Front cover A of Steed and Mrs Peel #0 from Boom
Back of Steed and Mrs Peel #0 from Boom
The Mummy: The Rise and Fall of Xango's Ax (July 2008) from IDW Publishing is a prelude to the movie, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Empire and has some photos of Brendan Fraiser in the back. I haven't read this either but can't wait since I enjoyed all the mummy movies.
Front cover of The Mummy: The Rise and Fall of Xango's Ax graphic novel from IDW Publishing
Back cover of The Mummy: The Rise and Fall of Xango's Ax graphic novel from IDW Publishing
I also received the Spawn vs Batman graphic novel from DC Comics and Image in the last PCH Comic Book Grab Bag. While it was nice to get two graphic novels this time around, I just wish it wasn't one that I already had.
Front cover of Spawn vs Batman graphic novel from Image Comics
Back cover of Spawn vs Batman graphic novel from Image Comics
Overall, I liked the choices of the comic books in this grab bag. However, I was disappointed with getting a graphic novel that I already had. Also, I thought the value was not great once you add shipping costs to the normal price of the grab bag. This will probably be my last one from PCH for sure.

No comments: