Friday, December 27, 2013

PCH Comic Collection

My Classic Comic Collection 6-Pack from PCH (Publishers Clearing House) arrived in the mail yesterday. The package was in an over sized padded envelope. I received six comics and a unopened package of stickers instead of actual trading cards.

First up is Superman #78 with a bonus Man of Tomorrow poster and a die-cut cover:
Cover of Superman #78 from DC Comics
I actually don't have this issue but I do have #77 and #81.

I have no issues of Top Cow/Image's Battle of the Planets #3 so this was a pleasant surprise:
Cover of Battle of the Planets #3 from Top Cow/Image

I only have a few comics from Continuity Comics and Earth 4 Deathwatch 2000 #3 is not one of them. In fact, I don't have any in that series or the first Earth 4 series. The kicker for me was the cool Firebat trading card that came with it. The issue has a wraparound cover but I'm only showing the front cover:
Cover of Earth 4 Deathwatch 2000 #3 from Continuity Comics

Too bad that CyberForce #25 is not from the original series. This is from volume two with a chromium wraparound cover but I'm only showing the front cover:

Sweet, a Johnny Quest #23 from Comico that also has a wraparound cover (yep, you guessed it, I'm only showing the front):
Cover of Johnny Quest #23 from Comico

Finally, I received The 'Nam from Marvel Comics (I needed this issue for I have #1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 14, 22, 49, and 50):
Cover of The 'Nam #9 from Marvel Comics

I was a little bummed out about getting Batman Forever Movie Photo Stickers instead of actual trading cards. I received #5, 10, 43, 50, and 67.
Wrapper for Batman Forever Movie Photo Stickers
Batman Forever Movie Photo Stickers #5, 10, 43, 50, 67

Overall, not a bad selection of comics since I didn't have any of them plus two helped fill some holes in my collection. I do wish that the stickers were actual trading cards but at least they were from Batman Forever and not My Little Pony or something even worse. However, I doubt that I will order another grab bag like this from PCH anytime soon.

No comments: