Tuesday, December 07, 2010

TFAW Grab Bag #4: Die Hard Year One #4 And #5

I like the Die Hard movies but I am still on the fence about the comic series from Boom that recounts the early days of McClane. I have only read the two issues that I received in the TFAW grab bag.

I like cover A of Die Hard Year One #4 (November 2009) by Dave Johnson and Joe Jusko. Mark Simpson did the art on cover B and could be the cover of any series. There is a cover C by Joe Jusko that shows more of McClane in his NYPD polic uniform.
Cover A of Die Hard Year One #4
Cover B of Die Hard Year One #4
Die Hard Year One (December 2009) cover B was done by John Paul Leon. There were also three different covers for this issue. This issue takes place one year later from the events that happened in the first four issues.
Cover B of Die Hard Year One #5
Howard Chaykin wrote the series and the two issues that I read were pretty good. Unfortunately, the interior art could be better.

No comments: