Tuesday, November 02, 2021

Eternals Makkari Happy Meal Toy

My sister and I got Happy Meals from McDonald's on Saturday because she was hoping to get some more Disney 50th Birthday toys (she got Winnie the Pooh and one other). Instead, we got Makkari from the Eternals movie (unfortunately, we got generic Happy Meal boxes). She didn't want hers so I have two. Of course, I had to open mine so I could play with it. She has a button on the back of her head to make her arms go up and down. The double circle emblem on her chest lights up neon green if you shine a light through the plastic lens at the bottom.


To be honest, I don't know much about Markkari or the Eternals other than they were a comic book characters created by Jack Kirby in the 1970s. I've never read any issues of their series and I don't remember seeing them in any other comics that I have read. I looked Makkari up and she is supposed to the speedster of the group. The most interesting thing about her is that she was originally a man (her gender was changed to match the character in the movie).


No comments: