Tuesday, October 21, 2008

2008 Halloween Countdown 21 Bonus: Alice Cooper's Munster Mash Marathon

I finally got to see the commercial for Alice Cooper's Munster Mash Marathon. The shock rocker is hosting eight hours of The Munsters starting 4 pm East/1 pm West on Friday, October 31st. The website has the promo video, an online trivia game called "Alice Cooper's Munster Mash", titles of the episodes that will air and clips from the series.

Alice Cooper has been in several comic books starting with Marvel Premiere #50 (October 1979) with the story titled "From The Inside".
Marvel Premiere #50 cover
Marvel Premiere #50 cover

Next came the unauthorized biography from Rock N' Roll Comics #18.
Rock N' Roll Comics #18 cover
Rock N' Roll Comics #18 cover

Finally, there was a three issue comic series from Marvel Music called The Last Temptation by Neil Gaiman and Michael Zulli.
The Last Temptation #1-3 covers
The Last Temptation #1-3 covers

The only comic that I have with Alice Cooper is Rock N' Roll #18. I do have several of his albums on vinyl, cassette and/or cds. I am surprised that no one has turned his Welcome To My Nightmare album into a comic book yet.

1 comment:

Erick said...

I'm a big fan of Alice Cooper. Marvel Premiere #50 is a great comic, I got it when it came out. And "From The Inside" is one of my favorite albums of all time.