Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Superman

Today is Superman's 70th birthday according to E. Nelson Bridwell. I will answer a few questions posted by Brian Cronin in honor of Superman’s birthday:

1. What is your first memory involving Superman?

A Superman comic book was one of the first comic books that I ever received for the first time when I got my tonsils out.

2. What was the first Superman comic book you read?

I really don't remember but it had to be in the early 1970s. Sadly, I don't have the majority of comic books that I had when I was a kid. At the time, I didn't keep a list of my comic collection.

3. What is your FAVORITE Superman story, whether it be comic, movie, TV series or cartoon?

My favorite Superman story was "Superman 2001" featured in Superman. I actually had to give up my original copy but I remembered the story vividly. I did manage to find another copy in a comic book store several years later.

4. When you think of Superman, which artist’s take on him do you normally see in your head? Shuster? Boring? Plastino? Swan? Adams? Byrne? Jurgens?

I always think of Curt Swan's Superman from the 1970s since that is when I was getting comics almost every week.

5. Which of the actors who have played Superman did you like the best as Superman?

I would have to say Christopher Reeve is my favorite Superman actor for he really did make me believe that a man can fly.

No comments: