Sunday, February 08, 2015

50th Birthday Bash #1: Thor 2011 Pop Up Birthday Card

February 13th not only falls on Friday in 2015 but it is also my fiftieth natal anniversary. I picked up some comic book related birthday cards a few weeks ago and I will be posting them here over the next several days.

To kick off my 50th birthday bash, I decided to showcase the Thor 2011 pop up birthday card. On the front is the god of thunder with "Only one as worthy as you deserves a birthday as awesome as this!" written on the bottom:
Front of Thor 2011 Pop up birthday card from Hallmark
The inside is a two page spread of Thor flying with his left arm holding his hammer that serves as the pop up. The text reads "Hope your day is a royal adventure filled with fearless feats of fun! Happy Birthday":
Inside of Thor 2011 Pop up birthday card from Hallmark
The back shows that the Thor 2011 pop up birthday card was made by Hallmark and originally sold for $2.99 in the U.S.A. ($3.99 in Canada):
Back of Thor 2011 Pop up birthday card from Hallmark
I actually picked this card up for ninety cents.

No comments: