Wednesday, October 22, 2008

2008 Halloween Countdown 22: Elvira Drink Holders And Slice

I have a plastic Elvira Coors cup but it is packed away with the majority of my glass collection. I do have one of those make-a-mug with a print out of the Mistress of the Dark. Unfortunately, the color is reddish and I should reprint it. This post features some Elvira drink holders that I found at various places online.
Elvira beer stein with art by Susie Morten
Elvira beer stein with art by Susie Morten

Elvira coffee mug
Elvira coffee mug

Elvira's Night Brew glass
Elvira's Night Brew glass

I never knew about Elvira promoting Slice in 1989 and 1990 but here's the proof:
Go Psycho With Elvira cup from Slice
Go Psycho With Elvira cup from Slice

Slice Go Psycho With Elvira display sign
Slice Go Psycho With Elvira display sign

Life-size Elvira Slice display
Life-size Elvira Slice display

She also promoted Mug Root Beer in 1989 and 1990 but I have yet to find any promotional items from those ad campaigns if they exist.

1 comment:

Darius Whiteplume said...

Slice and Mug... Hmm... I don't remember those either. It may have something to do with distributorship of Coors at the time? Here in NC (don't know about elsewhere) the same company that distributes Corona also distributes 7-Up. Some of the non-Coke/Pepsi softdrinks find odd homes for themselves :-)