Monday, October 20, 2008

2008 Halloween Countdown 20: Elvira Promoting Coors

Elvira met the Coors Beerwolf in 1986 when the beer company was doing their Silver Bullet campaign. She became the official national spokeswoman for Coors Beer Co. for the month of October starting in 1988. I do have a few items of her promoting the beer. I managed to get an Elvira Coors Light vinyl sign from 1991 that measures seven inches by seven and a half inches. I was able to get this from one of the local liquor stores for ten dollars. I could have gotten a large banner but the store manager wanted fifty dollars for it so a friend at the time bought it since I did not have the money (the friend moved away a few years ago and I don't know what ever happened to the large banner). The sencond promotional item that I have is a table standee that is eight and half inches tall. I managed to get this at a local beer joint for free.

Elvira Coors Light vinyl sign from 1991


Elvira Coors Light table standee from 1991
Elvira Coors Light table standee from 1991

I found the following promotional items on eBay:
Elvira and Beerwolf poster from 1986
Elvira and Beerwolf poster from 1986

Elvira Coors sign from 1986
Elvira Coors sign from 1986

Elvira coaster for Coors Halloween Party Night
Elvira coaster for Coors Halloween Party Night

Elvira Coors Halloween Party Night sign
Elvira Coors Halloween Party Night sign

Elvira Coors Halloween Party Night yard sign
Elvira Coors Halloween Party Night yard sign

Elvira promoting Coors t-shirt
Elvira promoting Coors t-shirt

Elvira Coors Light Fright Zone table standee
Elvira Coors Fright Zone table standee

Elvira Coors Mali-Booo Beach light display
Elvira Coors Mali-Booo Beach light display

Elvira Coors Light table standee from 1990
Elvira Coors Light table standee from 1990

Elvira Coors Flick or Treat sign from 1994
Elvira Coors Flick or Treat sign from 1994

Special treats for all you big ghouls out there:

Elvira Coors Light Mali-Boo Beach commercial


Elvira and Thing from The Addams Family Coors Light commercial

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This was an exciting partnership for me as a kid. I remember getting excited to see Elvira in the liquor store when my mom went to buy lotto tickets. Great post!

Virginia Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Seth said...

Actually there is a couple things wrong with this post. The promotional table stand up isn't from 1990, it's from 1994 when the Coors Midnight Madness promo was in action. If you look closely at the case of beer in her hands you can see it says "win a movie!" :-)

Also, I noticed you said noting as far as years in the Elvira's Halloween Party Night signs and coaster. I'm trying to find the years myself, but can tell you they are from the 80's. After she re-signed with coors in the 90's (after her 2 year stint with mug root beer and orange slice) she only promoted coors lights. So anything with both is from the 80's!!

Jamdin said...

Thanks for the correction, Seth. I found the picture on eBay and they listed the year as 1994.