Thursday, March 19, 2015

New 52 DC Comics Trading Cards Pack

I went on a road trip yesterday and picked up a few items. I didn't get any comics but I did find the only pack of New 52 DC Comics trading cards at Hastings. The price for five cards was $4.99 and was originally released in 2012. Normally, I wouldn't have picked them up for that price but I figured it was the last one so why not.

First up is the front and back of the wrapper. I opened it up at the bottom while I waited at the clinic and I had a little trouble with it:
Front of the New 52 DC Comics trading cards pack wrapperBack of the New 52 DC Comics trading cards pack wrapper
Next up is card #6, which is Batgirl:
Front of New 52 DC Comics trading card #6 BatgirlBack of New 52 DC Comics trading card #6 Batgirl
Next up is card #16, which is Deadshot:
Front of New 52 DC Comics trading card #16 DeadshotBack of New 52 DC Comics trading card #16 Deadshot
I'm not familiar with Dollmaker, who is on card #18, other than he is a bat-villain and that his father supposedly was the twisted doctor on Gotham:
Front of New 52 DC Comics trading card #18 DollmakerBack of New 52 DC Comics trading card #18 Dollmaker
Vixen is on card #58, which makes two women in this pack much to my delight:
Front of New 52 DC Comics trading card #58 VixenBack of New 52 DC Comics trading card #58 Vixen
Finally, I was surprised to find a chase card in the form of work in progress (WIP) #7, which is Aquaman. Basically, it's a lenticular card that shows the artwork from sketch to fully colored.
Front of New 52 DC Comics trading card WIP-7 AquamanBack of New 52 DC Comics trading card WIP-7 Aquaman
Would I buy more packs? Yes, providing I had the money for it since they are basically a dollar a card (more after you figure in the tax).

No comments: