Wednesday, January 12, 2011

TFAW Grab Bag #37: Buffy The Vampire Slayer #17 and #20

Today's grab bag from TFAW will also serve as this week's Women Wednesday. Jeff Matsuda did the cover artwork for Dark Horse's Buffy The Vampire Slayer #17 Valentine's Day Edition (Purple Foil Logo Variant Cover) with a cover date of January 2000. Like the Angel #3 Valentines Day Edition (Purple Foil Logo Variant Cover) that I showed here, there is nothing romantic happening within this issue. Buffy does fight a vampire lookalike. I received six copies of this issue.
Cover of Buffy The Vampire Slayer #17 from Dark Horse
I do like the photographic cover to Dark Horse's Buffy The Vampire Slayer #20 (April 2000) mostly because of Sarah Michelle Gellar and David Boreanaz. This issue finds the pair sharing their psychic link while on the brink of death from some demon that steal souls. I received four copies of this issue.
Cover of Buffy The Vampire Slayer #20 from Dark Horse
The only issue of this series that I had before receiving the grab bag comics was the photo cover of #37 (June 2003). However, I do have all four issues of the Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Haunted mini-series. To be honest, my favorite characters from the tv series are Willow and Tara. That is why I have the Willow and Tara one-shot and the Willow and Tara: Wilderness two parter.

No comments: