Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Defenders Are Back

I have always enjoyed The Defenders and Doctor Strange gathers a new group in the latest incarnation. The Hulk shows up at Stephen's place asking for help. The pair find King Namor, who is looking more alien than ever. The trio quickly finds the Silver Surfer playing in the snow on the Cantabrian Mountains. The quartet finds Betty Ross aka the red She-Hulk after chasing the bulls in Pamplona. Iron Fist in his white and gold costume is the last to be found in China. The art is clean and the story is fast-paced. My only complaint is that I would have enjoyed seeing Doctor Strange wearing his new costume more but I expect that will happen with the second issue.
Cover of The Defenders #1 from Marvel Comics
I still prefer the classic group, which you can read about with the following collections:

No comments: