Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Omega Men #1

I have been wanting to pick up The Omega Men (April 1983) for a long time but never found a copy of this science fiction series until recently. The fanboy in me jumped with excitement when I found a copy for ninety-nine cents. The cover was done by Mike DeCarlo and Keith Giffen (the latter also did the interior art). This issue takes place after Green Lantern #141 and Teen Titans #21. My only exposure to the team was house ads and the entry in Who's Who in the DC Universe. The story was written by Roger Slifer. The team takes over a Citadel base on the planet Slagg before going to Broot's homeworld known as Changralyn. I actually ended up liking Broot more than Tigorr, the shape changing feline humanoid, who acted like a Wolverine knock-off.
cover of The Omega Men #1 from DC Comics

No comments: