Friday, August 19, 2011

Thrift Store Finds: Batflapper and Batmobile

I found the Batflapper and Batmobile yesterday afternoon at a local thrift store for fifty cents each. The Batflapper (I like that name) is actually Batman from McDonald's Young Justice Happy Meal 2011 line (thanks to Bubbashelby from Toyriffic for the correction after I misidentified him as part of The Brave and the Bold promo). His wings...er, arms and cape can be pressed down and released by pressing the bat on his chest. What I really like is that both sides do not have to be pressed down at the same time so he can be posed differently in that regards. His head turns 360 but nothing else does,
Batflapper with arms up and Hot Wheels Batmobile with gold rims
The Batmobile is from Hot Wheels and has gold rims. I still have one in the package but now I have one that I can actually play with.
Batflapper with arms down and Hot Wheels Batmobile with gold rims

2 comments:

Bubbashelby said...

This Batman toy came out as part of the Young Justice promotion. Not part of the Brave and the Bold promo that included Grodd and Robin.

Jamdin said...

Thanks, Bubbashelby, for the correction. I forgot all about the Young Justice promo since I never got any of those when they originally came out.