Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween Countdown 2010 Day 26: Mr Bones Coffins

Fleer's Mr Bones coffins had candy pieces that you could assemble to make a skeleton. Most of the time, the candy pieces were broken or missing so you could not finish making the bony figure. A diagram on the inside lid showed how Mr Bones would look assembled. I have the orange, yellow and red versions but the candy has long since been consumed. I found them at a local convenience store years ago. Instead, I have various trinkets inside each little plastic coffin. The orange has five miniature six sided dice but only two match. The yellow has various items from vending machines: a blue spider ring, a red spider ring different from the previous one, a spiral flat metal ring and a silver werewolf head charm. The red one contains a brown derringer charm and a blue telephone charm that were also available in vending machines.
Orange, yellow and red Mr Bones coffins
I never did find a black Mr Bones coffin:
Black Mr Bones coffin

2 comments:

Bubbashelby said...

These were the best! I used to hang on to those coffins to and use them for all sorts of things. I wonder if they still make them?

Jamdin said...

The only version that I have found that are currently being produced is Interlocking Bone Candies