Friday, August 14, 2009

Thrift Store Finds: Bat Masterson And Constantine

I found two books at a local thrift store this morning that I just could not pass up. The first was Bat Masterson by Wayne C. Lee with illustrations by Adam Szwejkowski that was published by Whitman in 1960. This was an authorized edition based on the television series starring Gene Barry. This is in better shape than the Annie Oakley in Danger at Diablo book that I found a few weeks ago at another thrift store for three dollars. The price of Bat Masterson only set me back a dollar.
Bat Masterson 1960 Whitman book
The second book was Constantine by John Shirley published by Pocket Books in 2005. This is the novelization of the movie based on the Hellblazer comic book published by DC Comics under the Vertigo imprint. I actually enjoyed the movie but maybe it is because I have only read a handful of the comics. Constantine was also a dollar.
Constantine movie novelization

No comments: