Saturday, July 11, 2009

Boris Karloff Tales of Mystery #25 and Wonder Woman #188

You may wonder what these two comics have in common. Other than the fact that both were originally sold for fifteen cents, they have nothing in common. However, I did find them at the first local community flea market this morning. There are not very many flea markets around here so I try to go to all that I can. Most of the vendors that usually sell "homemade" candles, jewelry, perfume and soap at the local craft stores were there. I found one table that had about a dozen comics spread out. Most were Disney comics that were around ten dollars. I did find Gold Key's Boris Karloff Tales of Mystery #25 (March 1969) and DC Comics' Wonder Woman #188 (May-June 1970) for two dollars each. They are in fair condition and I was surprised to find them for that price. I have three very worn copies of Boris Karloff Tales of Mystery #66, 73 and 76 while my oldest Wonder Woman issue is #250 from 1978. Here are the covers:
Boris Karloff Tales of Myster #25
Wonder Woman #188

No comments: