Monday, July 21, 2008

The Dark Knight

I went to see The Dark Knight this evening at the local theater. Heath Ledger was good as the Joker and Christian Bale was good as Bruce Wayne aka Batman again. Maggie Gyllenhaal was a much better choice for Rachel.

What made The Dark Knight for me was Gary Oldman as James Gordon and Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent. Having Gordon receive his promotion from a Lieutenant to the Commisioner was great to see. I liked how we got to see both sides of Dent. Kudos to the make up crew that worked on Two-Face.

My biggest problem with the movie was the sound. Sure, the explosions and music were loud but the voices seemed really low. The sound problem was evident especially in the first half of the movie. Even my sister noticed it so it was not just me.

Overall, I give The Dark Knight an A+.

No comments: