Friday, August 01, 2014

Happy 8th Blogiversary To Moongem Comics

Hard to believe that it has been eight years since I started Moongem Comics. I have made some wonderful friends and lost a few as well.

I went on a quest this morning after working at my boring offline job (maintenance at a local discount store) in search of a comic related birthday card. I was hoping to find one for an eight year old but all I could find was Disney Princesses and baseball cards. I did find some musical Batman and Superman birthday cards but they were rather pricey and I like getting inexpensive items as you can tell by my finds at the local thrift stores. I finally found a Justice League birthday card with a create your own comic book inside at the local Walmart's for only $3.97. I decided to have a little fun with it and post the results here.

The front features Superman, The Flash, Batman and Green Lantern as the Justice League (kind of bummed that Wonder Woman was not included):
Front of Justice League create a comic birthday card
The Justice League create a card comes with repostionable stickers that include sound effects, logos and team members:
Sticker page from Justice League create a comic birthday card
Superman starts things off:
Justice League create a comic birthday card page one
Batman and The Flash share a page:
Justice League create a comic birthday card page two
Green Lantern shares a page with a shot of the Justice League gathered together:
Justice League create a comic birthday card page three
I'm expecting the logo for Doctor Who to pop up any second now:
Justice League create a comic birthday card page four
Here's the special message for the birthday boy:
Justice League create a comic birthday card message page
This Justice League create a comic card was produced in China for Hallmark. Odd that no year was printed on it.
Back of Justice League create a comic birthday card
Finally, here are the front and back of the envelope that came with the Justice League create a comic birthday card:
Front of envelope for Justice League create a comic birthday card
Back of envelope for Justice League create a comic birthday card

No comments: