Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thrift Store Finds: Hang Climber Batman And Tall Robin Action Figures

We hit the local thrift stores this morning after I put in a few hours at the store. I found a five inch Brave and the Bold Hang Climber Batman from Mattel for fifty cents. He takes some time getting his feet just right in order for him to stand on his own. I was losing my patience so he is leaning in the pictures. His cape has a slit in it so the hang glider wing can be put on and his knees does not bend. The hang glider wing can also be put on Batman's elbow for an odd-looking shield.
Front of Brave and the Bold Hang Climber Batman
Back of Brave and the Bold Hang Climber Batman
I also picked up an oddly dressed nine inch Robin that Hasbro put out in 1998 for only a buck. He has a homemade purple felt cape and is missing his vest. The paint is worn is some places and his knees does not bend. I might just take the cape off and find a way to put a R on his chest before displaying him.
1998 Robin from Hasbro

No comments: