Friday, May 27, 2011

G.I. Combat #217

I found a used Canon LiDE 20 scanner with program disc at a local thrift store for five dollars this morning and snatched it up to replace my bulky UMAX Astra 2000U scanner. The best part was that it worked so my first scan was the cover of G.I. Combat #217 (Dec/Jan 1979/1980). The cover artist was Joe Kubert and the dollar comic has a total of six stories. The first story features the Haunted Tank in "The General Died Twice!" Next comes O.S.S. in "The Pigeon Spies", a one-page article about the signal corps titled "Getting The Message Through" and then the Hidden War featured in "A Fine Day For A Hanging". The Haunted Tank returns in another story title "Save The Enemy!" That is followed by "The 3000-Mile Nightmare", a sizzling sky-war special. Finally, the Haunted Tank returns for "Don't Sell Your Dog Tags Cheap".
Cover of G.I. Combat #217 from DC Comics
My issue has seen better days since it is dog eared and very worn. The covers are about to separate from the rest of the comic book but at least all the pages are intact. I also have G.I. Combat #219, 220, 228 and 235.

No comments: