Sunday, January 31, 2010

BraveStarr in 3-D #2

I always love finding the 3-D comics published by Blackthorne Publishing, Inc. but I only have a handful of other titles including Jungle Comics and Twisted. BraveStarr in 3-D #2 (April 1988) is based on the cartoon series from Filmation and Group W Productions. I watched several episodes when they originally came out and enjoyed the science fiction western. This issue shows how BraveStarr met 30/30 but no 3-D glasses were included. The 3-D effect was hit and miss with my John Wayne 3-D glasses. The ad for Jungle Comics featuring Sheena really popped out. The back cover has an ad for Red Heat in 3-D series, which was based on the movie featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger and James Belushi.
cover of BraveStarr in 3-D #2
page 12 of BraveStarr in 3-D #2
ad for Jungle Comics from BraveStarr in 3-D #2
back cover of BraveStarr in 3-D #1 featuring Red Heat in 3-D

1 comment:

ms said...

I really don't remember Bravestarr from back in the day, but these 3-D comics really don't do the series justice. The animation is still top notch even by my high standards.